Church Chat

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Wonderful Weekend, and Soon-to-be-Monday

It’s been a little while that I’ve actually written anything in my blogs about what’s going on, so here goes a lot. I’ve been diving in a lot of poetry and other people’s songs, so now it’s time to fill this page up with what’s happenin’! Woo hoo! Ok then. For starters, this weekend was Winterfest for my youth. What that means is that my youth, along with all the youth from the North Michigan FM conference went on a retreat/lock in/ overnighter to Ferris State University and had a blast together. There was inflatable games, basket ball, swimming, hot tubing, rock wall climbing, and my favorite…karaoke! The whole evening was so much fun, and it was hard to know where all my teens were at all times, but it was alright. Like I said, it was a lock in. I got back to my house around 8:30am this morning and went to bed as soon as I could get myself there. I didn’t wake up until 4:30pm when my new sweetheart of a friend, Troy, sent me a funny text message. It was cool. During my slumber, someone called from my church to ask me a question about a song, but I can’t remember the whole conversation. He felt bad for waking me up, but it was kinda funny at the same time. I don’t normally sleep that late, but in the sake of fairness, It was early for me. LOL Any who, tomorrow makes me a little nervous because I’m down one musician, but I know it will be just fine. Also, my teens have their Super Bowl party and then I get to go home to see my family and meet up with some friends for breakfast on Monday morning. I’m pretty excited for that. It’s gonna be a real nice weekend and a real nice break from everything. I told my pastor that come Sunday night, I’m getting out of Dodge!! He just laughed and told me he was taking off Friday with his family, so we had the same idea in mind all along. It will be so good to get home to just relax, and to meet a new friend and catch up with an old one. Well, that’s about it for now. I’m still not running at 100%, but I wasn’t expecting to today. God bless, and may His peace be with you today!

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Hey, tell your family I said hi and give them a big hug for me! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home