Church Chat

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Secluded By: Shannon Marcou

Sitting in seclusion, I stare out in wonder
What is to happen to me?
Hanging on the railing of time, I consider
God must have something on His mind.
Why else would I be in the place I am?
Why else would I have the cares that I do?
Sitting in seclusion, I stare out in wonder
What else am I supposed to do?

Daydreaming by a faux fireside
Elevated in my thoughts
Screaming at the top of my lungs
But the silence is just too much
I’m back inside of me
Claiming what is left to receive
I let go of me…
I hang on to Him…
I’m here, but nowhere at all.

Sitting in seclusion, I wonder
What is to become of me?
Who is out there to love me?
Who is out there to tear me apart?
Sometimes it seems the closer you get
The further down you fall
Why is it always so trivial?
Why don’t we see Truth, when we hear it call?

Sitting in seclusion, I take a deeper look
Past all the insecurities I possess
Parting all the waters that tarnish the soul
And get to what needs rest
God is reaching out to you
He is reaching out to me
Hold up your shield of Faith
And guard not your heart from Him.

It’s amazing to think of all the wonders
It’s an honor to think of why you’re here
God has put you in the lives of these people
Not for you but for Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home