Church Chat

Monday, February 13, 2006

God Is So Good

It’s a new day and a new adventure. I wanted to say, first of all, thank you to all who have been praying for my family and I. We greatly appreciate it, and you have no idea the impact you’ve had/are having. God bless you!! He is good, and I know you know it!! Now, moving on to this new adventure, it’s Monday. Today is my day of rest, and I need it, once again. I’m still sick, but not as bad as I once was. I sound worse than what I actually feel. I had a frustrating day yesterday because of it. I couldn’t sing, and so I had to turn that portion of my work day over to someone else. I played my guitar and coached from behind, but talking and singing was out of the question. The other person and the team did great, but it was still hard for me. But, God is good, and He knew I needed that. I needed the opportunity to hit the altar during the prayer hymn because I had a heavy heart for my family. I had a lot of people surrounding me, and some of them were my youth. That was awesome. Like I said, God is so good. Choir practice was really quick because I can’t really direct without my voice, but that wasn’t a big deal. It was the first one anyway. Also, I got to come home and take a nap before youth group. I have good kids that are patient, so they just listened when I tried to read the lesson to them. It was a good day altogether and it ended with an hour and a half 0ne-on-one with one of my girls. She really needed to talk to me, and I was so glad she did. I love it when they come to me. I have some real good kids in my youth group, and I feel blessed. God knew what He could do with me and through me yesterday with no voice of my own. I was still used for His good purposes. That’s so cool!! Today, I’m just going to take it easy and relax in His arms. I doubt I’ll go anywhere or do anything that requires a lot of energy. I may clean house a bit, devo a lot, watch movies, just fun stuff that relaxes me. Well, that’s about it for now. God bless!!

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger April said...

i love you roomie....i miss you and im so encouraged by your faith. you are an amazing person and a beautiful daughter of the king. stay strong and know that you can always count on me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home