Church Chat

Monday, January 30, 2006

Relaxation 101

Hi there! So, I don’t know how I did this, but I rented some movies the other day specifically for today…my day off. I rented Ned Kelly, and The Messenger. I love movies that have some truth to them, and I don’t always like real sappy movies. I do, of course, own a good number of girlie feel good movies, but that’s not exactly what I was going for. Any way, I rented these two movies not really realizing what I had done. I had rented to cultural movies that relate to my own heritage without even knowing it. I mean, I knew ‘Ned Kelly’ was about an Irishman in Australia, but not the story, and I know the story behind ‘The Messenger’. It’s a movie on Joan of Ark. Do I have to mention that she’s a French chick? Yeah, I managed to get to movies that fit my heritage, and I didn’t even realize it. Both have sad endings, but they are awesome stories about people who wouldn’t give up because of what they believed in. That is amazing. Unfortunately, like many true stories in history, the hero dies (ain’t that right, Lisa lol). You would have had to be there to get that joke.

This weekend was absolutely nuts for good reason. My church was finally able to get into our newly built and mostly finished sanctuary. It’s amazing, and I feel so blessed by God to be in there now. It’s beautiful, but it took a lot of work to get it that way. I was so nervous yesterday, and I could hardly sleep the night before. I kept waking up in the night thinking about what else I needed to do, or wondering if everything was set up on the platform properly, or wondering if everything was plugged in right. I tossed and turned all night long, and I was even nervous about being higher up than what I was in the previous sanctuary. Before when everyone stood up to sing, they couldn’t see me, and now that’s all changed. I love the new platform, it’s just going to take some getting used to. We have some sound issues that need to be worked out, but that kind of stuff we were expecting. That’s not a big deal, and I find it to be a welcomed adventure because of what God has given us. Both services, the morning and the dedication, went very well. I truly feel God had His hands on everything. My poor pastor was very nervous before the dedication because the Free Methodist Bishop from our section of the states and the Superintendent from our conference were there to help the ceremony. I couldn’t hardly get him to laugh about anything. Ah well, everyone handles stress differently I guess. My parents even came to see the first service. I was so excited to see them, and it’s been a while since I had last. They had to go home around 2 because Jack had some work to do the next day early, and I had to get back to the church any way. I had some meetings and practices to attend to. I was glad to see them, even if it was only for a short time. After all that, I had youth group. We had to finish up some stuff for Super Bowl Sunday, and so next week should be great. I can’t wait, but first I have to get through all the hurdles and hoops this week is already trying to throw at me. I won’t let it get to me, because God is good and I shouldn’t worry.

Today is Monday, and I am so relieved after this weekend. I can watch the movies I rented that I was talking about earlier, and I can read, drink tea, and relax. I love Mondays, though I know not everyone gets to enjoy them the way I do. I am thankful for the blessings I have received in my life so far, and I can’t wait to see what God is going to do next. Please pray for me this week, and I’ll pray for you, too. God bless you, and may His face shine upon you!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home