Church Chat

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Poem

Fair-Weather Friend By: Shannon Marcou

Fair-weather friend
Why do you dance
Inside my head?
Fair-weather friend
Why do always
Take the lead?
It seems to me
You don’t really care
It seems to me
You’re not really there
Fair-weather friend
Why do dance in my head?

Fair-weather friend
You’ve just cheated against
My heart once again.
Fair-weather friend
You’ve done your best
To forget everything
It seems to me
It’s your insecurities
That take the place
Of what really matters
O, fair-weather friend
You’ve just cheated again.

Fair-weather friend
I think it’s time to go.
Fair-weather friend
Time has lapsed
And you should know
My love was given to you
With all that I had,
But fair-weather friend
I know you can’t be true.
So, fair-weather friend
I’ll say goodbye now,
And I’ll always love you.
Be true to someone someday.
My fair-weather friend, my dear
Fair-weather friend, goodbye.

1 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Blogger April said...

wow - i hope i didnt inspire this one! but i know how you feel...i just wish someone would stick by me even when im an idiot - thanks for doing that for me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home