Church Chat

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

G.I. Shannon; The Rock Opera

Maybe I’m being silly, but as I was drifting off to sleep last night, I was thinking about movies. That doesn’t sound so ridiculous, but why I was thinking about them really is. I was thinking about which movies I would compare to my life right now. What I came up with was G. I. Jane, minus the nudity, cussing, premarital sex, and the ‘R’ rating. Then, I realized that I also had to add music, but not just any kind of music. I took 5 years of voice lessons in college, sang country music since the tender age of 6 and rock since 3, and I love classic rock. I did a lot of opera in college, and someday I would love to be in one. So, the conclusion was an actual Militant Rock Opera set as a motion picture. Broadway wasn’t big enough for me. This has to be an epic film. I would have to include lots of travel going cross-country, Ireland, Canada, and Mexico, adding in the traditions of each country. Sounds like a pretty mixed up movie: more of a comedy than a drama, but that’s what makes it interesting. The drama comes from the war clips where the young and brave G.I. tangles with her Master Chief simply because she’s female and less experienced than what desired in a soldier. The G.I. pulls through determined to overcome and find Truth in the why of her being in the current situations she finds herself in. The musical portions are her emotions being poured out in many forms from the country, the traditional Irish folk, the opera, all the way to the classic rock, which gives her steam. Sounds like a prize-winning movie to me. The opera portion comes in when she, the young G.I. finds herself secluded in pure devotion to the Lord. She is journaling and devoting precious time only to the Lord above and receives her strength to carry on when the pursuit feels worthless. The young and determined G.I. finds herself moving forward in God’s army for the pursuit of Truth for His kingdom to prevail. It’s awesome! Yeah, I know it all sounds strange to you, the reader, but when I’m drifting off to dreamland, this is what you get. I credit my military fantasizing to my dads and brother who all served in some branch of the military and gave me my “Army Brat” status. I may not have served in the U.S. Army, but I am in God’s army, and I serve proudly. Oooh Rah! I’m a roughneck for Jesus!

2 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Shanny, I miss you lots and love you lots!!!! I promise I'll be sending out pictures of my belly soon. =) ~ Brookey

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger April said...

girl you crack me up! i love you and miss you so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home