Church Chat

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Trampled Sparrows

I'm really excited about the holiday now. I wasn't, quite honestly, before. I thought my Christmas was going to consist of me, two dogs, a cat, and a partridge in a pear tree. Well, the dogs and cat at least. Christmas day falls on a Sunday this year, and so I thought I would be staying in Cedar and only calling my family to say Merry Christmas. Well, that's not the case. I get to go home after all!! My church board decided alltogether to let me spend the holidays with my family. I was so excited, I cried. The only problem was that I promised some friends of mine that I would watch their animals while they went to Colorado with their family. That wrench quickly fixed itself when a dear friend volunteered to step in and take over during Christmas eve and Christmas day. He doesn't live too far away from the place where he'll be dog-sitting, so it worked out wonderfully. I will take over on the Monday after the holidays. God is good, and He's always watching out for us. I feel so much better about everything in that respect, except I think I still have a friend mad at me. Hopefully they'll get over it soon and realize I would never intentionally do something to hurt them. God will work miracles in that arena, too.

This weekend is going to be a great one. My mom is coming, my roomate is watching our favorite baby for the entirity of the weekend, I have a senior teen Christmas party to get ready for, my friend from Grayling is coming down, and it's almost Christmas. Can you tell I'm excited. God is good, and I love Him so much. I only pray that ill feelings will be disolved and the mercy of the Lord prevails over all this holiday season. He is so good, and I hope everyone gets a taste of God this Christmas! Love you!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home