Church Chat

Friday, December 02, 2005

Friday Night Special

Hey, it's me again. I wanted to thank everyone who posted a comment on my blog/xanga sites recently. I was feeling a bit crabby, so thanks for not noticing that part. :o) Also, thanks for ignoring all the grammar problems I was having then, too. I was just not myself.

I'm actually going out tonight. I haven't been out on a Friday evening in a long time. My gal pal Randi Jo decided it was time we hung out together. We've been getting to know eachother since the beginning of CLC this year, and let me tell ya, she's a crack up. I think we're going to have a great time together tonight. It's been a while since the last time I went out with just girls/adults and no teens. I love going places with my kids, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I need to be with people my own age. I think we're going to go have dinner, coffee, and maybe a movie...we'll see where the night takes us. I doubt we will be out too late, since we are no longer college students, and we've entered into the busy adult world of working long hours and going to bed early. I never thought I'd do that, but ah well. It's crazy what time does to you!

I can't believe it's already the Advent season. It didn't quite feel like it just a week ago...or maybe a bit longer, because there was no snow. I don't know how a person can survive without snow for Christmas. I know, I know, people south of Michigan (and the equator) do it all the time. I guess I just prefer a "White Christmas".

I've already begun planning stuff out for next year's youth group. We stop all youth group meetings, small groups, and so on for the Advent evening services. My church wants as much participation as possible, and quite honestly, it's nice. We all get to be together as one big family, and pastor and I get ahead on our plans. It all works out quite well.

Well, I guess I'm out of things to say at the moment. Maybe I'll type more tomorrow after I get back from the "Pastor's Christmas Party". Fun stuff! Any who, God bless, and bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home