Church Chat

Friday, November 25, 2005

Not Everyone at Once Now...

I don't know how many people even bother to read this anymore because I hardly get a comment anymore. Maybe this is a dying fad or something, but I still enjoy bloggin' it up every now and then. I have met some pretty cool people on here because of some of the comments I've made. I've met another youth pastor from a few states away, someone who lives close to my home town, and some who've shared with me because of something said that ministered to their hearts. I guess I'm glad I still do this eventhough I don't get a ton of comments anymore. You never know how God is going to use you.

I'm at my parent's house right now enjoying the time I get to have with them. I haven't seen my parent's in quite some time, so it's great when I get the chance. I even got to see my real dad, step mom, and siblings last night. I didn't know I was going to, but I'm glad the opportunity presented itself. It's a cold and snowy day after Thanksgiving, and a perfect day to set up the Christmas tree and begin thinking about presents for my family. I don't know what I'm going to do this year, but I'll come up with something. I try to do something creative every year so that it's more creative. I'm a little lost at the moment, but something will present itself.

Tomorrow, I have to go back to Cedar and get a lot of work done. I brought some of my church work with me so that I'm at least a little ahead of the game. Tomorrow I will have a lot of practice to do for Christmas Carol Sunday. That's what we're calling this coming Sunday Service, and hopefully everyone gets into it. I've heard so many people say that they think the snow came too early this year, but that's just crazy! It's almost the end of November, and technically, because of all the hurricanes, the snow is late for Michigan. All I know is that I'm glad we finally got the snow we've been waiting for...well, at least the snow I've been waiting for.

I know it seems that I'm just kind of rambling now, but I know I have something profound to say, I just haven't got to it yet. :o) One thing's for sure, I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go to the Nashville YS Youth Leader Conference this year. I probably won't be able to next year, but that's ok. I really needed the encouragement and the comforting hand of the Lord to come upon me at that particular time. That usually happens when I least expect it to. I'm so glad that the Lord knows what we need better than what we discern. I couldn't possibly know everything that I need. He's got it all under His control, and I'm glad because I'd just mess everything up. I couldn't believe how many similar stories I heard at that conference. I know I said that in my last entry, but I still can't get over it. God is awesome, and I love him so much.

Any who, that's good for now. I pray that you find His peace today. God bless and hopefully I hear from you soon!!

2 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger bj said...

I learn so much from you.You are a real inspiration to me.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger April said...

hey girlie - i still read them :-) i like keeping updated, and im sorry we have both been so busy lately. yuck! hopefully soon we will be able to make some time for each other - but until then i love you and miss you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home