Church Chat

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Hot Pink Cowgirl

I know it's been a little while since the last time I did this, so hang on to your cowboy hats and listen up!!! I just got back from a 5 day trip to Nashville TN for a Youth Specialties Youth Leader Conference. It was a phenominal trip and experience to say the least. I heard so many familiar stories that I related to, got great advice and ministry ideas, had an awesome time in worship and praise with 7500 of my contemporaries, and was filled with a new refreshing spirit. God is amazing and if you don't know Him yet, I pray you make that decision to know Him now! God is so good, and I needed this past week to happen. I went down with 2 other youth pastors from my church conference and one of their wives. I don't think we stopped laughing the entire trip. It was great. David Crowder and Chris Tomlin led us in worship every day, I saw Third Day, Jars of Clay, Lost and Found, The Skit Guys, and many more. There wasn't much time for touring Nashville, but that's ok. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of being there, and I didn't need to see the Country Music Hall of Fame. I will get there someday, but this just wasn't the time. The sad thing is that before this trip, I really didn't want to go. I mean, I knew it was going to be a great time, but I didn't want the church to spend the money on me. This whole country is in a bit of a pinch as far as that goes, and I didn't want to burden the church with it. Everyone, including my pastor, told me to go and gain the knowledge they knew I would from the conference. I'm so glad they made me go. At times, the conference was a bit overwelming, but I knew God was in it all, and I was to gain from it what He would have me to. I hope that makes some sense.

Something else that's pretty wonderful is that I'm at my parent's house right now. It took me 2 1/2 hours to get here because of the snow and slick roads (normally it only takes about an hour and a half), but I'm so glad I got to come home. It's the Thanksgiving holiday, and I needed it to come so I could have this time with my family. Lately, family time has come up to be kind of sparse. I don't like that. I'm trying to find a way to change that, but I know it will come slowly. Hopefully, things will change soon.

Well, that's about it for now. I can't think of anything else to type right now, so if there was anything else I had to say, I guess I'll just have to save it for another day. God blesss and happy Thanksgiving! Spend time with your families!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home