Church Chat

Monday, October 31, 2005

Singin' in the Rain

It's a nice rainy Monday night...Halloween night, actually. This day actually stands for three different things. First, it's a pagan holiday celebrating the dead. Second, it's a Catholic holiday celebrating the saints of the church, aka All Saints Day. Third, and my favorite, it's the anaversary of the reformation of the church. Today was the day that Martin Luther posted on the church doors what changes needed to be made. He became an outcast in the Catholic church because of how he felt, hence the birth of the prodestant church.

Another cool thing about today was Trunk or Treat at my church. We don't exactly celebrate Halloween, but we support our children and we want them to have a safe place to trick or treat. I had a fun time waiting in the rain for all the little princesses, ninjas, pumpkins, and so on. The kids were adorable and the adults were very funny. All in all, it was a great evening.

The 30 Hour Famine was this past Friday and Saturday, and let me tell you, my teens really got the point of the fast. It broke the hearts of many of them to think that kids all over the world were doing this involuntarily. I was so proud of all of them, I ended up crying...yeah, big shocker there. I was also the only one that got sick from the fast. I know it was more than the lack of food. I was nerved up, taking care of everyone, making sure everything went smoothly, etc, so I lost my lunch before it even got to my stomach. I know, it's gross, sorry. Again, God was good and my kids learned so much.

Well, I think that'll do it for now. God bless, and tell me what you thought of this blog entry.

1 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Rod said...

Nice blog. Your posts were interesting reading. I
have a hair loss site. You can find everything about hair loss as well as information on hair bows, color, extensions, and wigs. Please try and visit it, see what you think.
Rod

 

Post a Comment

<< Home