Church Chat

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Hacuna Matatta

I am truly greatful for coffee. God knew what He was doing when he created that bean. There are so many ways to prepare it now, it's just nuts...get it? Any way, my week has been good so far. I've been able, with all the credit going to the Lord, to get a ton of work done. I've had some pretty major projects this week, and the Lord provided me with the time to complete them in. The 30 Hour Famine is this weekend for my teens, and I have to finish that up, and I have the time to do it. Also, I'm a co-director for Young Teen camp this coming summer with my friend and colleague, Nick. It's going to be a blast, and I've already lined up the speaker, we came up with the theme, and I have my publicity director lined up as well. It's going to be great and I'm so thankful. God is good!! I have to tell you about the reason as to why I had extra time to finish necessary projects this week. First of all, my pastor's wife needed some help finishing some posters up for Trunk-or-Treat, and she was questioning me if the senior teens would want to help. Well, they were more than happy to color posters. So, my lesson for this past Sunday was postponed for a week. That meant I didn't have to prepare a lesson for this week. I can now work out any bugs in my lesson if I want. Also, during the worship service, my pastor completely forgot about the music set for praise and worship this week. It usually happens right after we have an altar/prayer time. He preaches after the worship team and I do our thing, but this week he was so focused on his message that God gave him to say, he completely forgot about the team that was standing ready right next to him and he started preaching right away. Talk about funny!!! It was great. He felt bad, however, but I told him about all the things I was able to accomplish this week because I didn't have to do much for the worship set for this Sunday. We had a good laugh, and reminded ourselves of God's great sense of humor. Everyone else thought it was pretty funny, too. Well, any who, I should go get ready for the day. I get to go hang out with some of my little kids at Algoma Christian schools for their Pastor's Appreciation luncheon. I love it when they have this for us. It's great, and we get to hear them sing, and then we get to go visit them in their classroom settings. Ok then, God bless you, and buh bye!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home