Church Chat

Thursday, July 21, 2005

I Caught You a Delicious Bass

Wow, much time has passed by since my last entry. I don't even know where to begin, but I'm sure I will figure something out. Did you miss me? You don't have to answer that if you don't want :o).

First off, God is good and guides in all situations. Right now I'm working hard on getting all the last minute stuff done for IYC that's in 2 weeks from now. My teens and I have a 2 day fundraiser that we are working on for this weekend. It's a rummage sale, and I believe we are going to get the last bit of money that we need. It's an answer to prayer.

Another thing that has happened since my last entry was a good friend passed away. He hung himself and his wife found him on a Sunday morning. It was a very sad and close experience. My church conference has not been the same, but I believe God has been working very hard to make us all aware of different things so that the church doesn't fall apart. Many hearts have been broken, so much depression has engulfed hearts, but God is the god of comfort and He's pulling us through.

Family camp as well as 2 teen camps and a children's camp has also happened and many children gave their lives to Christ for the first time. That was amazing. I was so excited God let me be a part of it all. Family camp had an amazing Evangelist that God used to help unite my church a little more. I saw people who despised one another hug and laugh together for the first time in a long time. God is so good.

Something else that has been going on is that one of my youth pastor friends has been trying to set me and another youth pastor friend up. We've been friends for 6 years, since college, and she saw us together and thought that we would be perfect for one another. How funny is that? Well, we've been playing it up all the way because we are close friends. It's been a highlight in my busy life, and I'm so thankful. Again, God is good, and I'm so glad that Phil and Machelle are in my life.

I feel like a lot of my writing today is just factual happenings without emotion. I'm just jotting things down and not really putting the needed emotional effort behind my statements. I am so busy right now, so I guess I'm not that suprised. If you read this and you are one who prays, please pray for me, my youth, and our next big adventure in Ft. Collins Colorado for IYC. I would really appreciate it and I know that they would, too. Alrighty then, God bless and be cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home