Church Chat

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Sleep, I Never Get Enough

Aaaahhhhhggggghhhh!!! I don't know what's wrong with me sometimes, but there are nights where I just cannot go to sleep to save my skin. Grrrr! I was really tired last night, but I couldn't shut my mind off. I mean, I was on the phone until 3:30 this morning, but I thought for sure I would be able to go to sleep after that, but nooooo! I didn't fall asleep until after 6:00, and I don't know why. Grrrrr! I get so mad at myself when that happens. Maybe I was too tired or something, I dunno. I know I'll sleep real good tonight and I need it. I couldn't sleep the night before I left April's house, but I know what my problem was there. I didn't want to leave, and all my responsibilites where running through my head for when I got home. I'm not any good on very little sleep, so I hope I make it through today with no problems. I'm sure I will, I just need to stop being angry at myself and rely on God's strength because I definately have none at the moment.

Any who, I didn't want to get on here and complain about my lack of sleep. That's definately not my intention. God is good and I'm real glad it's such a beautiful day today. It's soooo green right now, and everything blossomed around my house, around Michigan, while I was in Dallas with April. It's so beautiful and I love how full the trees are around my house are. Also, I am glad I was up until 3:30 this morning on the phone (but not until 6, that's just nuts), because that convo was a huge blessing and a much-needed one. :o) I am also very thankful for the time I was able to spend in Dallas with April. She and I are so close and it's hard to be so far apart from eachother. Our friendship is unlike any other I've ever had in my life. She is my sister and God gave her and this friendship to me, and I don't know what I'd do without her. She's my best friend. :o) K, now that I'm all choked up again by saying my blessings....yep, God is good despite me. I'm so glad that God loves me with all my insecureties and crud that I have inside. I am thankful for the salvation He has freely given me through His grace, and the love I feel whenever I think of Him. God is so good!


Yeah, I'm a bit emotional right now, so I think I'm going to go for now. God loves you all and so do I. I hope you feel blessings from Heaven today and that you share them with everyone you talk to today. God is good and He loves you so much!

2 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger April said...

awwww...getting all emotional...sorry you couldnt sleep - but im glad its pretty there. the thunderstorm finally rolled in today - but i was at school, otherwise i would have taken a picture for you. but it is nice and cool now - much needed after last weeks insantiy! miss you a ton... and i will call and explain everything on friday when im finally done with all this crap!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger jeremy sawatzky said...

hey shanny!

you commented on my site, so i figured i should return the favour on yours :) whats up? i hear ya on the not getting enough sleep thing... i never sleep enough. in fact, i have a lackofsleeprelated headache right now. not fun. so are you a pastor there in michigan? work with youth at all? drop me an email sometime, would be great to chat.

jer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home