Church Chat

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Back in the Swing of Things

Well, vacation is definately over. This Sunday will be my first Sunday back in my church since my vacation/holiday to Dallas TX. It was a much-needed time and I do feel spiritually refreshed from taking that time off. That's all good and I'm thankful. Also, this weekend is part of a vacation for me because it's Memorial weekend and it's a short holiday for many many people...and I'm feelin' it, let me tell ya. It's my first Sunday back and I'm going to be all alone up there on the stage. All my musicians are gone for the holiday, and I didn't know it until just a little while ago. My scheduled pianist called me this afternoon to let me know she wasn't going to be there to play because she's going to camp. Well, ok then. I have to get up to the church and grab my music so I can transpose all the hymns for my guitar. I can do it, there's no problem there, but I didn't want to be alone my first Sunday back. I was real excited to see everyone but the holiday is very commanding on serious campers, and I know that. If I could, I would be camping right now too, but I can't. It's ok, though. Not even Pastor will be there because he's on his scheduled vacation. The retired minister from my church is going to take over, and that's cool. God is going to take care of everything and I have no reason to worry about a thing. I'm glad that I thought about taking my guitar home with me to play around with. I didn't know that I would be playing for practice, too. :o) God is good, and I know that something good will come out of all of this. I only have a morning service because of the holiday. All evening activities are canceled and so that means no youth. Well, it wouldn't matter even if it wasn't canceled because it's a holiday and none of them are around any way. Ah, and that's how it goes. Sometimes I can get real down on myself about feeling pretty useless to those kids, but I can't control it if they aren't there, can I? Nope, not even a little bit. Today, besides practice for tomorrow, I plan to be a great day...not just have a great day, but make it great. I have lots to do with it to make it good, and just being in the presence and the will of the Lord makes it good no matter what's going on. Well, I think that's it for now. You all have a great day, and make this day great by bringing yourself to the feet of our Lord. Time is much better spent at His feet than anywhere else! :o)

1 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger April said...

Im sorry - did i take some CRAZY pills and not realize it? You feel l ike you are useless to those kids? Girl! You CRAZY! those kids adore you and need you - and you have a huge impact on them. i love you! u r awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home