Church Chat

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Shop 'Til You Drop!

Well, I lost a day on my blog, so I need to make up for lost time. On Friday, which I mentioned in Friday morning's blog, I went to Montrose with my Sr. Teen girls. I had a packed car when I reached my destination and my mom was very excited about it. I couldn't wait to get there and spend some time with them and with my mom. We had popcorn, watched movies, the girls got a ride in my brother's Camero, and we all fell asleep in the living room. It was a great night. One of my girls showed up to the church a little late to leave on Friday night, but that wasn't a big deal. There was only one small problem, and that was she forgot her clothes at home. She remembered everything else, but her clothes. So, we left about a half hour later than planned, but it was no big deal. We all got a good laugh from it. Then, the next morning we all went out to breakfast and then headed to the Birch Run mall (Prime Outlets of Birch Run). They absolutely loved it there. We stayed until about 5 that night, so needless to say, we were all a bit tired on our journey home. I was so glad we had this opportunity to go and spend a couple of days together. I loved it soooo much!

Today was also a good day. We didn't have praise and worship because the children's program was priority, and we didn't want to take too much time because we had a lot to do today. Then, I sang special with one of the gentlemen in the church. He has such a great voice but he's painfully shy! Wow! He did very good, and I was proud of him for getting up there and doing what he did. Finally, our evening service was a passover service and that was just beautiful. We finished it with pie and icecream. It was a good night.

I'm extremely tired from all the wonderful events that happened this weekend, but I don't get a break tomorrow because I have to go to Spring Arbor for a few days for a Minister's Conference. Also, a very good thing, but I am in need of a little break at least. This coming weekend is Easter Sunday and I know that it's going to be super busy with the cantata and everything else that's going on. I can't wait because I know it's going to be great, but I am very exhausted. I hope that I can spend a little bit of time with Sarah (Cruce) before she heads back to the Dominican Republic. She's only home for a week, and so I want to get at least one "Starbucks Hour" in with her. I had better plan it now before it's too late! Well, I should stop here because this is a lot to chew on as it is. I love you all, and I'll write more later. God bless and keep on bloggin' it up!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home