Church Chat

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Blogety Blogety Boo!

It's been a few days since the last time I did this, so here goes a lot! :o) Friday was the 25th, and I wrote a short entry saying that I couldn't really take the time to write much. Yadda yadda, it was short. Well, here's what has happened from Friday up to this point in time...it's Wednesday. Be prepared to read a bit.

Friday- I got up at a decent hour and started getting ready for the day. It wasn't a typical Friday, it was Good Friday. I had to sing in a Good Friday service that was put on by all the community churches, so it was a big deal. That started at 6:30pm, but I didn't know that at the time. Well, that day I went to work in full "Sunday Uniform", so that means nylons all day long. After work, I had to drive to the next town with a carload of teenagers so that we could set up for our next big fund raiser; the Kent City/Casanovia Carnival at Kent City High School. My teens ended up decorating the two booths that they were running and helping make cotton candy. The carnival itself actually started Saturday, but there was so much to do to get it going, that it had to be done that Friday...Good Friday, mind you. So, at 6:00pm my teens and I got back in my car and headed back for Cedar Springs. I thought I would have a little time to get refreshed and run through my song before the service, but not quite. My pastor had the wrong information, and the service actually started at 6:30 and not 7 like he had thought. Ah well, it worked itself out any way. I had gotten to the church at 6:20 that evening and had a little time to catch my breath, and that was most important to me any way. :o) So, I ended up singing my song for the service right before the pastor of that church spoke. The funny part of it all is that they forgot to put my name down on the schedule, but they made me sing any way. I was glad to do it and all the pastors represented appreciated it. It was a good day in all areas.

Saturday- This was a good long day just like Friday in many ways. I had to go to the church and run through some things with my friend Bruce. He and I had decided to play our guitars during a certain portion of the Easter Sunday service (I'm not going to spoil it and tell you about it now, it's only Saturday...sheesh!). We met at noon and went through our little set of songs, and it was smooth sailing. Then, I went home and got ready for the evening's coming activity = the Carnival. I showered, ate something so I wouldn't die later, and then Rebecca came over to drop off some posters for the youth room. After she left, I had to go up to the church and pick up my teens for part two of their weekend excursions. When we got to the carnival, we didn't know that we would have to pay to get in because we were working at it, but we did. I paid for the teens and cooled off ( I got a little steamed about it), then we went inside and took our posts. It was a very fun filled evening. The theme this year was Mardi Gras, and I ended up buying a purple tiara with purple feathers and a multi-colored boa to go with it. It was a great night. I think we all got home around 10 that night, so it wasn't too much of a struggle to get into bed.


Sunday- Wow, like I said, a lot has happened lately!! Ok, so Sunday was excellent, not just good. I woke up at 5:45am and got in the shower. I don't normally get up that early, so that's why I had to mention it...lol. I actually got up and had a smile on my face. Easter is my favorite because of what it means...yay, our Savior lives!!!! Haleluiah!! Yes, so along that whole line of thought...the service. I got to the church at a quarter to 8am, still in a great mood. People were setting up for the Easter breakfast in the fellowship hall, and it smelled wonderful. Choir members started showing up and so we rehearsed a little, and then had breakfast at 9am. The actual service started at 10:30am, and it went off without one hitch. The choir sounded good and full of the spirit, we had communion by intinction, and that's when Bruce and I played our guitars and led songs. There was no overhead, no words written down for people to look at anywhere...it was a time of deep personal reflection of the cross and what it meant to each person in that sanctuary. They each had a small piece of paper to write down something they were ready to give up and pin it to the cross. Then they could take communion, which was ready at the foot of the cross. It was so beautiful!! Everyone got a small nail that looked like the steak-sized nails that peirced our King for remembrance. Pastor's message followed, and he spoke on the resurection! It all flowed so nicely. For a while there, we didn't know if pastor would allow communion during an Easter service, but once we explained to him that we wanted it so that people can understand the celebration portion of it, he agreed. We talked about it today in our weekly meeting and he's so excited about the results of it. It was a wonderful day completely focused on the King. I went home to my parent's house later that day to join them for Easter dinner, and I ended up staying with them until Tuesday morning for a little R & R. Much needed and much appreciated.

Wednesday- Well, I took you right on through the best I could. I'm kind of tired right now because it was such an action packed weekend, but I feel very good. God has blessed us all in so many ways, and I hope you recognize that in your own life. God bless you today, tomorrow, and forever. I'll write more about today, tomorrow...like I always do in the mornings I have alone. Bye for now!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home