Church Chat

Thursday, January 20, 2005

One Youth at a Time

God is good. There are times when I'm just not real sure what my purpose is for God, then He gives me a gentle reminder. Those usually come in the form of a phone call from one of my youth, a letter or card from a church member, or someone approaching me after a service. I don't even have to say that I'm feeling down or alone in ministry, God always know the right time to give encouragement. God is so good. I really don't expect things to be constantly ducky. If I did then I could say that I'm in the wrong job. One of my favorite parts of my job is when my teens call me up to vent or talk to me about their day. Most of my kids are athletes and they are always on the go. It's hard getting to all their tournaments and games, but it's worth it when I can. I remember a time when youth ministry was the last thing in the world that I wanted to do, now I don't know what else I would want to do. The same goes for my music ministry. Right now, I'm running hard with both hands full with these jobs because of the time of year it is. My teens are preparing for IYC (International Youth Conference) in Colorado, and my choir is about ready to start up practicing for Easter. I know it seems early, but Easter is at the end of March this year. When the second week of August hits, I will finally have a bit of a break before I start shopping for the Christmas cantata. What fun it is, and I do mean fun. I do get tired and cranky but I love my job, and I love the people of my church and my conference. Also, I'm singing in 3 weddings and standing up in 1. That makes 4 weddings in 7 months time that I will be in, and I'm pretty thrilled about it. I know that means a lot of driving time, but I don't want to miss one of the unions. It's amazing to me how much stuff can be crammed into one year. Wow. How will all of this be accomplished? I know that it's only by God's grace and strength that anything will get done. I won't type out everything that is coming up in my planner because I don't want to overwhelm myself by looking at it, or overwhelm anyone else. Believe me, my schedule if full!! Well, I must go for now, but I will write again soon. May God's blessings shine upon your life! Love ya!!

1 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Just had to say I love and miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home