Church Chat

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Aloha Oy!

Ahhhhh....I feel quite tired tonight, so I plan to sit and relax with some tea before bed. Tomorrow is a busy day, like every Sunday, so I'm glad I'm so tired now. I know that sleep will actually come easy tonight. It hasn't this week because I've been so busy and because of my current loss. Slowly, but surely things will get better with time. God is good in all situations.

My teens and I hosted a Luau at our church tonight and that went very well. We even got the pastor up to hula, and that was great. I don't think many people were expecting dancing, but that's alright. They all had fun. We made sure there was plenty of games for the kids. Also, I had a few people come up to me and make a comment on my abilities as a hula dancer...I just told them it was because I've had a few lessons from our good friends from Samoa. Mahalo!! It was a good night.

Earlier on this week, I had the opportunity to go out with some of the ladies from my church. We sat in Big Boy and had coffee until about 10p.m. That's actually pretty late for them because they all have husbands and children to go home to. They wanted to cheer me up and make sure I knew I was loved. How cool are they? I do feel very loved at this church. I'm very glad I had the opportunity to sit and hang out with some women. I needed that.


I can't think of much else right now because I'm so tired. Maybe tomorrow or Monday, but right now I need sleep. Love you, and God bless!!

2 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Hey girl, email me your phone number. =)

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger April said...

That is so sweet! Im so glad that you had fun at the Luau! And hopefully I got some credit for those mad dancin skills as well! ;-) har har har. I miss those crazy Samoans - it will be a year next week since I have spoken with Stan. Im glad I got rid of his number. Ciao!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home